Monday, May 14, 2012

Handprint birdbath…

I found this great, stackable terra cotta bird bath inspiration on Pinterest (you can click here for her fabulous instructions on how to make this!) and knew my kids would love to make one!!
I decided to put the kids’ handprints on each pot and love how personal it turned out!
blog
The pots are stacked on a reebar pole and then I bought a pretty bowl with a teal painted inside for the birdbath part of the planter.  The bottom terra cotta pot has my husband and my handprints, and then each kid has their own pot with their own handprint.  The top pot has a label made from sculpey clay that says,
 “With helping hands, we all grow together 2012”
Quite appropriate for our family!!

DSC_0910

We made this over spring break and Little Miss was so excited and then we didn’t see any birds come AT ALL!!  She kept wondering when they would come, and then she was practicing her violin one day and a bird came!!  They come EVERY time she plays!!  Can you imagine how often she's practicing now??  So cute!!  And we can watch them from our window!!  It has been really fun. 
Now to add some bird feeders and we'll have a regular aviary outside…

I am linking to the following parties!
Ladybird Ln I Heart Nap Time Keeping It Simple Raising Oranges Making A Diamond in the Stuff Pincushion Creations A Crafty Soiree Fine Craft Guild mop it up mondays Creative Itch Photobucket It's OVerflowing Somewhat Simple HookingupwithHoH Sew Happy Geek The Taylor House Design Dazzle wednesday's wowzers One Artsy Mama Goings on in Texas I'm Topsy Turvy
Skip To My Lou
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this ... thank you for sharing! Guess where I'm stopping on my way home from work? LOL. Been wanting something fun for my herb garden, and my old bird bath needs to be replaced ... PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! So darling. This will definitely be a keepsake for years to come. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, I bet my mum wishes she'd had such an incentive to make me practice for my music lessons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I love this! It's so cute, and the handprints are a great touch! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following along! I'm following you now, and would love to you to link up any of your fun projects at our weekly link party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sew" much fun to meet you today! I love those kind of "Divine" appointments! After we left the fabric store, I promised Caroline I would take her to Charming Charlies.... so I plopped down on a seat while she looked and perused your blog on my phone. How fun to have such a kindred spirit living across the street. Her nursery is adorable with all the Chevron fabric. It's fun to have a new blogging/quilting friend in you! Looking forward to keeping up with your projects. Enjoy your weekend!

    http://alisalamb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great personalized, meaningful birdbath. Great idea. I am a sucker for hand print crafts and yours is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and such a beautiful craft to celebrate your family! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, so sweet! What a great family craft. Thanks for sharing this at the Motivated Monthly Garden party at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments, I love hearing from you and I love new followers!