Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Moda charm pack bunting

***My blog has moved over to WordPress.com!  Follow the link http://www.sewsweetcottage.com/2012/02/valentines-moda-charm-pack-bunting/and move on over with me!!***
My mom and I have been quilting for years together, and we both love Moda fabrics.  And they come in these cute packs now called jelly rolls, layer cakes, honey buns, and charm packs that include all the fabrics in that line, all pre-cut and ready to create something fabulous.  Love them!  And it makes it so nice if you don't live close to good quilting stores, because you can buy these "bake shop" goodies online and it eliminates fussing over trying to coordinate fabrics in a store.

I found this sweet Redwork Renaissance charm pack at one of my favorite quilt stores, Material Girls.  I saw a quilted bunting in the store and decided that a Valentine's quilted bunting would be perfect for my fireplace.

I stamped the letters for BE MINE with burnt umber acrylic paint and my Making Memories foam letter stampers.

Then I cut out 3 hearts to use as spacers in between the words Be Mine and at the ends.  I put a small layer of Warm and Natural batting between two pieces of fabric from the charm pack and then pinned them to my red and white twine.  Then I sewed a square 1/4 inch from the edges, and sewed the hearts on to the spacer squares and it was ready to hang!

 I love the way it turned out, and it was a really easy project that didn't take a lot of time to make:)
I am just going to say it....this bunting is Sew Sweet!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments, I love hearing from you and I love new followers!