Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sew and Show Saturday—#7. Bug quilt

I made this stack and slash bug quilt 8 years ago for Justin’s first birthday.  I had planned a bug themed party and found all these great bug fabrics and decided to try a stack and slash method.  It ended up being really fun and turned out so bright and cheery.  I had someone machine quilt it for me with variegated thread, (my favorite!) which makes the lighter blocks really pop with detail.
DSC_0470
DSC_0467DSC_0469
I don’t know if you can tell from the picture, but this quilt has been LOVED.  It is soft and puckered from many, many washes—and that is my favorite thing about it!!

I am linking to the following parties!
Ladybird Ln I Heart Nap Time Keeping It Simple Raising Oranges Making A Diamond in the Stuff Pincushion Creations A Crafty Soiree Fine Craft Guild mop it up mondays Creative Itch Photobucket It's OVerflowing Somewhat Simple HookingupwithHoH Sew Happy Geek The Taylor House Design Dazzle wednesday's wowzers One Artsy Mama Goings on in Texas I'm Topsy Turvy
Skip To My Lou
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Hi! My youngest (who is 3!) is viewing blog posts with me today. I kid you not, he just requested a quilt just like THAT one! I told him I'd "pin" it and get started soon. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. I haven't made one myself yet, but I hope to make one for my daughter for a wedding gift...she is only 11, so I think I have time if I start soon! I agree about the worn look...I was blessed with 2 of my grandma's quilts and I love em'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower! I found your blog on the Sunday blog stalk. I LOVE sewing blogs. :) I have never made a quilt, though. It's on my bucket list.

    Shatzi
    www.love-and-laundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt and I love the crinkled look! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the whimsical look. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the bug quilt. It is my dream to make my son a quilt. I've just got to figure out where to start!

    imitationbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments, I love hearing from you and I love new followers!