Friday, March 9, 2012

Remembering Winter…

***My blog has moved over to WordPress.com!  Follow the link http://www.sewsweetcottage.com/2012/03/remembering-winter/and move on over with me!!***

Since we didn’t get any snow this year, sniff-sniff (I don’t want a snowy winter, just one good snow storm a year!), I thought I could post about little Miss’ Winter party.  Ironically, she loves snow even though it is rare that we see any where we live!  So when it was time to decide a birthday party theme, she was thrilled to have a Snow Party.
I am not an expert at decorating cakes, by any stretch of the imagination, but I really enjoy trying!  I love the book Hello Cupcake!  It is very easy to follow, and has the most beautiful pictures.  I ended up modifying one of the ideas in the book to make my snowmen cupcakes…
 DSCN2845
I used one regular Oreo and one mini Oreo for the hat, mini chocolate chips for the eyes, a candy coated sunflower seed for the nose, fruit roll up for the scarf, and a mixture of white sparkling sprinkles for the body.  It is made from one mini cupcake and one regular size cupcake.  We served them with hot chocolate and the kids loved the combination!
They turned out much better than I expected—so much so that I did cringe a little bit when the kids ate them!!

I am linking to the following parties!
Ladybird Ln I Heart Nap Time Keeping It Simple Raising Oranges Making A Diamond in the Stuff Pincushion Creations A Crafty Soiree Fine Craft Guild mop it up mondays Creative Itch Photobucket It's OVerflowing Whipperberry Somewhat Simple HookingupwithHoH Sew Happy Geek The Taylor House Design Dazzle wednesday's wowzers One Artsy Mama Goings on in Texas I'm Topsy Turvy
Skip To My Lou
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute little cupcake! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments, I love hearing from you and I love new followers!