Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sew and Show Saturday—#2. “I Got Chickens” Quilt…

***My blog has moved over to WordPress.com!  Follow the link http://www.sewsweetcottage.com/2012/03/sew-and-show-saturday-2-i-got-chickens-quilt/and move on over with me!!***
This quilt comes with the cutest background story!!  When Little Miss was almost 2 1/2 years old we had planned to visit my brother and his family for the weekend.  Right before we were leaving I noticed these red bumps over her arms, and I panicked!  I asked my husband if he thought they were chicken pox and then we debated whether we should go or not since they had a new baby at that time.  We called them and discussed it and came to the conclusion that they were mosquito bites;)  But through the process of listening to us talking, Little Miss said, “Oh no, I got chickens on my arms!”  We could not stop laughing.  And for the next year, anytime she felt sick she would say something like, “Oh Mommy, I think I got chickens in my throat.”  So it was a standing joke in the family that we didn’t correct for a long time.
For Little Miss’ fifth birthday, my mom made her a “Chicken” quilt, from the Black Mountain Quilts Chubby Chicks pattern, that she could cuddle with any time she felt sick. 
Look how sweet…
316
It turned out so cute, and matches her room perfectly.  It hangs on the wall unless she is sick, and then we take it down and let her cuddle with it.
Thanks Mom!!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! That is so cute. The vintage fabrics with the green is so pretty!!

    My little sister made the same one (in red) and the feeling is so different. http://tracyandscott.blogspot.com/2012/03/hanging-out-inside.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments, I love hearing from you and I love new followers!